Regular Shanley House Gallery hours:
Thursday, Friday and Saturday - 10:00 - 4:00
Sunday - 1:00 - 4:00
Lake Granbury Art Association’s Shanley Gallery is available to members certain times throughout the year for Group Art Shows. Along with Opening/Reception night your art will hang at the Shanley House Gallery for approximately one month. If you’ve never done anything like this before it’s a great opportunity to gain conﬁdence in showing your art. Here are a few guidelines that will be helpful if you would like to plan a group show.
1. All participants must be members of LGAA and up to date on dues. You are responsible for putting your own group together.
2. Minimum 3 artists per show. There is no max number of artists but consider that there is wall space for approximately 50 paintings during a Show.
3. Agree to have the opening/reception on Last Saturday Gallery Night. This is the last Saturday of the month from 5-8pm. The Show will run the following month. (EX: if you want your show in June, your Opening and Reception would be the last Saturday in May). There is no cost (to LGAA members) to use the Shanley House. LGAA receives 25% of any art sold during the duration of the Show.
4. Artists are responsible for hanging their art, providing all paper items (cups, napkins, plates etc.) and any refreshments (hors d’oeuvres, wine, etc.) for opening night. You are responsible for clean up, emptying trash, turning out lights, returning the A/C/heat to proper settings and making sure to lock building when leaving.
5. Your group is responsible for all promoting/advertising/flyers, etc. Contact the communications chair with your info for him/her to post on LGAA's social media platforms (Facebook, Intsagram).
You might also consider promoting your Art Show through personal Facebook, Instagram, personal invites, the newspaper and Showcase Magazine. There are also rack cards available to pass out with the address and map to the Shanley House Gallery.