The next monthly meeting of LGAA is Monday, May 10, 7pm.

We are so ready to enjoy our art talents again! The building has been repaired from all damage done during the freezing weather in February and is open for business, that is, when we can get docents to man the fort. We're working on getting a permanent docent, but in the meantime, we'll be looking for volunteers.

This month Sheri Jones is our featured artist for the demonstration after the business meeting. She is also providing a workshop on May 15, so think about signing up. See the workshop page for more information.



Sheri Jones

Landscape and Still life Palette Knife Painter
Currently residing in
Granbury, Texas 76048

http://www.Sherijonesart.com Sheri@sherijonesart.com     817-475-4303



I have studied and painted since the early eighties, constantly learning from many diverse artists through workshops and classes. My education began at Tarrant County Junior College. I soon discovered painting and begin intense study with Opal Palmer, a Ft Worth artist. I continued my art education with painting workshops with Pam Ingalls, Debob Jacobs,Bob Rohm, Jill Carver, Betty Carr, Marc Hanson, Laurie Pace, Niki Gulley and James Spurlock. Brush mileage is the best teacher.

I was the selected Artist for six solo shows, been featured artist 15 times, participated in plein-air events and multiple group shows. I have been the featured artist in 4 publications.

I work in an impressionistic style using oil paints on canvas or board. I use a palette knife to build up color and texture. Many of my paintings are inspired from painting on location. I have a love of the Texas landscape. Observing the changing Texas sky and landscape is an inspiration. I currently have paintings in Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas, Texas. I post a new painting several times a week on my website, blog and Artist of Texas sites. Please check out my gallery. I feel original artwork brings beauty and warmth to an environment. When I create a painting, I am telling a story. My hope is you can connect on an emotional response and develop your own story.

See more of my work on my web site www.sherijonesart.com



Water Feature Garden  14x11 oil on canvas

Hot Stuff  8x10 oil on canvas

Garden Splendor 9X12 oil