FIND US ON FACEBOOK

Friday, June 24, 2016

June 25th Last Saturday Gallery Night- Beck Rowntree

Saturday night stop by the Shanley House Gallery to visit with photographer Beck Rowntree. She has worked on both the commercial and fine art sides of photography from an assistant photographer doing work for Adobe Magazine and for the Houston Chronicle to owning a small fine arts gallery. Granbury has been home since 2013.


Beck says, "I’ve been working in photography most of my life shooting film. Digital photography came along but the technology and camera was out of my reach. Having friends that paint inspired me to give it a try, and I loved my new creative outlet. One day I experimented with painting a photograph and loved how much freedom it gave me. Creative freedom is what inspires me to combine my love of these two mediums. I love the texture of paint on photos. It can be a little unpredictable but has its own imperfect beauty. I am always pushing myself as an artist and currently learning to work with encaustic. I will always love photographing people and that is one thing I will do more of this year. Back to my roots. Creating."
Beck also has work hanging in Uptown Arts Gallery, Crockett Street Village and Paradise Coffee.
©2016 Beck Rowntree