FIND US ON FACEBOOK

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

May LGAA Collage Demonstration by Jeanette Alexander

Don't miss award winning local artist, Jeanette Alexander's, demonstration on her collage techniques at the May meeting. Her ability to capture a great deal of detail using torn paper and saturated color is amazing to say the least.

"Mom" by Jeanette Alexander


She has this to say about what art means to her:
"Art is my soul food. Art got me through T.C.U. (BFA, painting) after a painful divorce. Art tugged at my soul during the years I fed my family as a stock broker and C.F.P.  Art helped me heal from a near death illness fourteen years ago. Today, art continues to feed my soul and I am blessed to spend most of my days imagining, planning, admiring and making art."

"Junior" by Jeanette Alexander